May 21st, 2013
Join us each month for GalleyChat, to talk with fellow librarians about your favorite (and not-so-favorite) recent galleys, in two versions:
Adult Titles – the first Tuesday of each month from 4 to 5 p.m, ET. The next one is June 4. You’re welcome to join us at 3:30 for a “pre-Chat” — virtual cocktails will be served. Hash tag,#ewgc.
Young Adult Titles – the third Tuesday of each month from 4 to 5 p.m., ET (also with a 3:30 pre-Chat session, with virgin cocktails, of course). The next one is June 18. Hash tag,#ewyagc.
We use Twitter for GalleyChat, so if you’re new to Twitter, now’s the time to set up an account and begin honing your 140-character skills.
To join the EarlyWord GalleyChat:
- If you are not already on Twitter, set up an account.
- Put June 4 (Adult GalleyChat) and/or June 18 (YA GalleyChat) at 4:00 Eastern on your calendar (or 3:30 for the “pre-Chat”).
- Just before the discussion begins, log on to Twitter or whatever interface you prefer. (Tweetchat is good; it refreshes quickly and automatically loads your hashtag when you are in the discussion; be sure to sign in with Twitter at the upper right).
- To follow the discussion, enter #ewgc (which stands for EarlyWord Galley Chat); FOR YA GALLEYCHAT, use #ewyagc.
- To post a comment to the discussion, make sure that you include hashtag #ewgc in each of your tweets (if you’re using Tweetchat, it will do that for you). It will also help if you write book titles in all caps, to make them stand out. (like this — Anyone else reading GAME by Barry Lyga? #ewgc). Since this is a galley chat, we ask that you only tweet about forthcoming books.
Look forward to seeing you!