December 16th, 2014
Join us each month for GalleyChat, to talk with fellow librarians about your favorite (and not-so-favorite) recent galleys, in two versions:
Adult Titles — held the first Tuesday of each month from 4 to 5 p.m, Eastern, the next one is Jan. 6. You’re welcome to join us at 3:30 for a “pre-Chat” — virtual cocktails will be served. Hash tag, #ewgc.
Young Adult Titles — the third Tuesday of each month from 5 to 6 p.m., Eastern, (also with a pre-Chat session at 4:30, with virgin cocktails, of course). The next one is Jan. 20. Hash tag, #ewyagc.
We use Twitter for GalleyChat, so if you’re new to Twitter, now’s the time to set up an account and begin honing your 140-character skills.
To join the EarlyWord GalleyChat:
- If you are not already on Twitter, set up an account.
- Put Jan. 6, 4:00 pm, EST (Adult GalleyChat) and/or Jan. 20, 5:00 pm, EST (YA GalleyChat) on your calendar (half an hour earlier for the “pre-Chat”). Set an alarm!
- Just before the discussion begins, log on to Twitter or whatever interface you prefer (such as TweetDeck, TWUBS or HootSuite)
- To follow the discussion, enter #ewgc for adult galley chat or #ewyagc for YA.
- To post a comment, make sure that you include hashtag #ewgc or #ewyagc in each of your tweets. Please write book titles in ALL CAPS, to make them stand out. (like this — Has anyone else read LANDLINE by Rainbow Rowell? #ewyagc). Since this is a chat about galleys, we ask that you only tweet about forthcoming books.
We look forward to seeing you!