July 19th, 2016
Join us each month for GalleyChat, to talk with fellow librarians about your favorite (and not-so-favorite) recent galleys, in two versions:
Adult Titles — held the first Tuesday of each month from 4 to 5 p.m, Eastern, the next one is August 2nd. You’re welcome to join us at 3:30 for a “pre-Chat” — virtual cocktails will be served. Hash tag, #ewgc.
Young Adult Titles — the third Tuesday of each month from 4 to 5 p.m., Eastern, (also with a pre-Chat session at 3:30, with virgin cocktails, of course). The next one is August 16th. Hash tag, #ewgcya
We use Twitter for GalleyChat, so if you’re new to Twitter, now’s the time to set up an account and begin honing your 140-character skills.
To join EarlyWord’s GalleyChat:
- If you are not already on Twitter, set up an account.
- Put August 2nd, 4:00 pm, ET (Adult GalleyChat) and/or August 16th, 4:00 pm, ET (YA/MG GalleyChat) on your calendar (half an hour earlier for the “pre-Chat”). Set an alarm!
- Just before the discussion begins, log on to Twitter or whatever interface you prefer (we will post the chat widget on EarlyWord.com, so you can follow along and tweet right from the site)
- To follow the discussion, enter #ewgc for adult galley chat or #ewgcya for YA.
- To post a comment, make sure that you include hashtag #ewgc or #ewgcya in each of your tweets. Please write book titles in ALL CAPS, to make them stand out. (like this — Has anyone else read WOMAN WITH A SECRET by Sophie Hannah? #ewyagc). Since this is a chat about galleys, we ask that you only tweet about forthcoming books.
We look forward to seeing you!