April 9th, 2014
Appearances — TV & Radio
“Media Heat” section — Daily roundup of books and authors scheduled to appear on the next day’s shows.
Daily roundup of books and authors that have appeared on the previous day’s shows
Roundup of appearances on the previous week’s shows, published each Friday.
- Book News: Calif. Law Calls For Textbooks To Teach Significance Of Obama's Election
- 'Lock In': A Cop Story For Robot Lovers, A Robot Story For Cop Lovers
- Marine Turned Novelist Brings Brutal, Everyday Work Of War Into Focus
- Book News: Desmond O'Grady, Irish Poet (And Fellini Bit Actor), Dies
- Exclusive First Read: 'The Bone Clocks' By David Mitchell
- Louis C.K. Reflects On 'Louie,' Loss, Love And Life
- Aaron Paul On Playing A Meth Dealer On 'Breaking Bad'
- Sarah Silverman Discusses Her Movie 'Jesus Is Magic'
- At 71, Elvin Bishop Is Still Vigorous, And Can Do Wrong Right
- From Walter White To LBJ, Bryan Cranston Is A Master Of Transformation
Today Books – RSS:
- Pat O’Brien releases memoir about his struggle with alcoholism
- 'Game of Thrones' author says new books offer 'flexibility for killing' characters
- Pat O’Brien: ‘I was almost dead’ before last rehab
- Read J.K. Rowling's new Harry Potter story about a singing sorceress
- J.K. Rowling sends care package to grieving teen Cassidy Stay: 'Happiness can be found'
Book Club — Current Pick, The Fault in Our Stars, John Green
- Readers' Review: "Someone" by Alice McDermott
- Growing Use of State Ballot Initiatives for Political Change
- The Role of Fraternities and Sororities Today
- Assessing Police Practices And The Use Of Deadly Force
- Meryl Comer: "Slow Dancing With A Stranger: Lost And Found In The Age Of Alzheimer's"
Current pick, Young Money, Kevin Roose
Art Beat; Literature – RSS:
- The art of designing ‘Ulysses,’ ‘Lolita’ and ‘The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo’
- Valerie June sings an anthem for the ‘Workin’ Woman’
- Piper Kerman of ‘Orange is the New Black’ answers your questions
- Artists protest through song in the wake of Ferguson shooting
- Take a tour of Muslim youth culture through ‘Rebel Music’
– (NPR, Southern California and Los Angeles)