December 15th, 2014
Reviews — Newspapers & Web Sites
Below are links, with RSS feeds, where available, from the major newspaper and online book reviews.
- Yasar Kemal, Master Turkish Novelist and Strident Political Critic, Is Dead
- ArtsBeat: Inside The New York Times Book Review: Elliot Ackerman’s ‘Green on Blue’
- Paperback Row
- Editors’ Choice
- Inside the List
(Wednesdays in the daily NYT)
- Bear Extraordinaire
- Sketching Shakespeare
- ‘X,’ a Novel About Malcolm X
- ‘The Last Time We Say Goodbye’ and ‘I Was Here’
- ‘My Name Is Truth,’ ‘Chasing Freedom’ and ‘The Case for Loving’
USA Today — (Top 150 best sellers posted on Thursdays).
- Poster revealed for Children's Book Week
- Moyes writes sequel to 'Me Before You'
- Kim Gordon: More than a 'Girl in a Band'
- A photojournalist focuses on love and war
- Novel tackles Catholic sex-abuse scandal
- Two books ask: will the electric car ever be the car of the present?
- World War I and the mordant history of weapons of mass destruction
- ‘Eleanor Marx,’ a life of an early feminist and Karl Marx’s daughter
- How a cannibal moved to New York and became rich and famous
- Book review: ‘How to Fly a Horse,’ on idea generation, by Kevin Ashton
(book section of the Daily Beast)
- Why Italians are so proud of – and yet unhappy with – their own country
- 'Boyhood' helmer Richard Linklater may direct 'Where'd You Go, Bernadette'
- 'Red Queen' sells well – but is it different enough from other YA dystopian fare?
- Will Amazon's Kindle Scout democratize publishing?
- Reader recommendation: The Mouse that Roared
- Leonardo DiCaprio To Play Multiple Personalities In New Film
- 7 'Game Of Thrones' Theories So Crazy They Have To Be True
- The Never Open Desert Diner Is a Literary Serendipity
- Sister Joan Chittister Explains The Universal Message At The Heart Of Every Religion (VIDEO)
- Why the Definition of 'Good Writing' Needs a Transformation
- Kelly Corrigan draws on growing up in Radnor for memoirs
- Book review: 'Murder in the Stacks' is the definitive treatment of Penn State cold case
- Dan DeLuca's picks: Miley does Simon, and a new Pussy Riot song
- Books: 'Washington's Revolution' revolves around first president
- Graphic novelist's debut: 'A Bintel Brief' about Jewish life in old New York