August 3rd, 2016
Reviews — Newspapers & Web Sites
Below are links, with RSS feeds, where available, from the major newspaper and online book reviews.
- Books of The Times: In ‘Good Vibrations,’ Summer Fun Soured by Mike Love’s Score Settling
- About That Ouija Board: How Langdon Hammer Summoned a Poet’s Spirit
- Nonfiction: Attica, Attica: The Story of the Legendary Prison Uprising
- Nonfiction: A Book Examines the Curious Case of a Man Whose Memory Was Removed
- Ursula Le Guin Has Earned a Rare Honor. Just Don’t Call Her a Sci-Fi Writer.
- Bookshelf: Five New Books to Get Your Kid Ready for School
- Why Kids Will Love Raina Telgemeier’s New Graphic Novel
- A Kids’ Novel About That One Teacher Who Changes Everything
- Richard Peck’s Middle-Grade Novel: A Boy, His Teacher and Same-Sex Marriage
- Four New Picture Books Teach Children the Power of Stories
USA Today — (Top 150 best sellers posted on Thursdays).
- Chat live with author Graham Moore
- Immigrant family's American Dream shatters in Mbue's novel
- Books: New and noteworthy
- Tom Wolfe rules this 'Kingdom of Speech'
- Nathan Hill dazzles with debut novel 'The Nix'
- With ‘The Nix,’ Nathan Hill announces himself as a major new comic novelist
- ‘They All Saw a Cat’ and other best children’s and young adult books this month
- Carl Hiaasen’s raucous new novel, ‘Razor Girl’
- The story of twins who endured Josef Mengele, the Nazi ‘Angel of Death’
- Max Ritvo, poet who wrote of his battle with cancer, dies at 25
(book section of the Daily Beast)
- Be honest: How many books did you actually read this summer?
- 'A Torch Against the Night' runs deeper than 'An Ember in the Ashes'
- '1966' singles out a moment when musical history was made
- 'Still Here' follows Russian immigrants struggling to establish identity in NY
- Why the 1940 US presidential election was – and wasn't – a lot like 2016
- Controversial Photographer Terry Richardson to Release New Book
- It’s 2016, And Even The Dictionary Is Full Of Sexist Disses
- An Advice Columnist For Women Who Are Actually Doing Just Fine For Themselves
- Writer's Block? Resistance? How to Let Your Creativity Off the Leash
- Want to Write Better, More Suspenseful Fiction? This Is What You Need to Know