December 15th, 2014
Reviews — Newspapers & Web Sites
Below are links, with RSS feeds, where available, from the major newspaper and online book reviews.
- Critic’s Take: Song of Inexperience
- ‘The Good Death,’ ‘When Breath Becomes Air’ and More
- Tagore Translation Deemed Racy Is Pulled From Stores in China
- Books of The Times: Review: Jeffrey E. Stern’s ‘The Last Thousand’ Explores the Mission of a Struggling Afghan School
- Pop Quiz: A Valentine’s Day Reading List
(Wednesdays in the daily NYT)
- Review: Biographies of Hillary Clinton for Kids of All Ages
- ‘Dear Yeti’ and ‘The Thing About Yetis’
- Bookshelf: Back Again
- ‘Strictly No Elephants,’ ‘Big Friends’ and More
- ‘Paper Wishes,’ by Lois Sepahban
USA Today — (Top 150 best sellers posted on Thursdays).
- Exclusive: Read an excerpt from 'Star Wars: Bloodline'
- James Patterson is back at No. 1 with 'NYPD Red 4'
- Roundup: Four new books by women novelists
- Bill Bryson hails Brittania, irreverently
- Novel paints an intimate portrait of Georgia O'Keeffe
- ‘The Widow’ review: Can she find love in a killer marriage?
- Ray Bradbury dies: Appreciation for an author who will ‘live forever’
- Washington Post bestsellers Feb. 7, 2016
- Oddities, mysteries and logic within the brain
- Exploring the mind’s power over the body
(book section of the Daily Beast)
- The book most people have lied about reading? It's not what you think.
- Burgers and books: Why McDonalds is serving books in its Happy Meals
- Why JK Rowling's empire is lowering the drawbridge
- #1000BlackGirlBooks aims to connect black girls with books they can relate to
- J.K. Rowling will receive PEN free speech prize
- 'The Good Liar,' A Conversation with Nicholas Searle
- The Moment I Realized I Had A Drinking Problem
- Impossible But True: A New Novel About Georgia O'Keeffe Has Something Original To Say About Her
- Why I Quit My Book Group
- Reed Farrel Coleman Impresses With WHERE IT HURTS
- Meet Yolanda Wisher, Philly's new poet laureate: '5 South 43rd Street, Floor 2'
- Q&A with Diane Rehm: On solitude, honor, and the art of the interview
- Tessa Hadley's 'The Past': Bittersweet nostalgia for a passing way of life
- New volume of 'Hemingway's Letters' shows a young writer on the rise
- Yolanda Wisher named Philly's third poet laureate