October 16th, 2016
Reviews — Newspapers & Web Sites
Below are links, with RSS feeds, where available, from the major newspaper and online book reviews.
- Books of The Times: Review: In ‘Alfred Hitchcock: A Brief Life,’ Fear Drives a Master of Suspense
- New Oxford Shakespeare Edition Credits Christopher Marlowe as a Co-author
- Fiction: Six New Thrillers for Fall
- Books of The Times: Review: In ‘Do Not Say We Have Nothing,’ a Portrait of Souls Snuffed Out
- Nonfiction: Why Are Americans So Anxious?
- Elena Ferrante’s Picture Book Embraces the Dark Side
- A Novel’s Good Witch Saves a Sacrificial Girl
- A (Nearly) Motherless Alabama Girl Never Gives Up
- Are the Children in This Novel Saints, or Heretics?
- New Picture Books Create Strange but Believable Worlds
USA Today — (Top 150 best sellers posted on Thursdays).
- Chat live with author Jodi Picoult
- Grisham shows strengths, flaws In 'The Whistler'
- Could an American finally win Man Booker prize?
- Short but sweet e-book prequels are grabbing readers
- New book captures 'Heart' of Pat Conroy's writing
(book section of the Daily Beast)
- 'The Boat Rocker': Nat'l Book Award-winner Ha Jin packs a quiet punch
- 'The Whistler,' John Grisham's 29th novel, offers mostly empty calories
- 'In Wartime' tells the grim but important story of conflict in Ukraine
- Bestselling books the week of 10/21/16, according to IndieBound
- Can Republicans, Democrats find common ground in 'bridge books'?
- New York Public Library's 'Human Google' Is Here To Answer Your Burning Questions
- The Uncomfortable Language Of Kink
- Byzantium or Medieval Greece?
- Five Fictional Characters We'd Love To Have As Best Friends
- Meet Shakespeare’s Official Co-Author
- ‘Divergent’ author to tour in January/February for new book
- Olympia poet Lucia Perillo, a MacArthur fellow, dies at 58
- Oxford says Shakespeare will share credit for Henry VI
- A music critic reflects on why we love pop music in ‘Love for Sale’
- In Ward Just’s novel ‘The Eastern Shore,’ a journalist looks at a changing business