September 25th, 2014
Reviews — Newspapers & Web Sites
Below are links, with RSS feeds, where available, from the major newspaper and online book reviews.
- Waitress Is One of Many New Writers With Big Book Deals
- Bookshelf: Looking Back at New York City Culture and Transit
- Laugharne Journal: In Wales, a Toast to Dylan Thomas on His 100th Birthday
- ArtsBeat: Book Review Podcast: Michel Faber’s ‘Book of Strange New Things’
- Inside the List
(Wednesdays in the daily NYT)
- Growing a Library-Tree
- Into the Woods
- Marla Frazee’s ‘The Farmer and the Clown,’ and More
- ‘Kinda Like Brothers’ and ‘Half a World Away’
- ‘Through the Woods’ and ‘Monstrous Affections’
USA Today — (Top 150 best sellers posted on Thursdays).
- Poehler's messy memoir 'Yes Please' is a no-go
- Book Buzz: John Grisham lands at No. 1
- George R.R. Martin spills 'Thrones' details
- Maya Angelou talks about con men and marks
- We say 'Yes' to Amy Poehler's fun photos
- Galway Kinnell, who won Pulitzer Prize for poetry, dies at 87
- Book review: ‘The All New Don’t Think of an Elephant!’ by George Lakoff
- Book review: ‘Losing Our Way,’ an portrait of America, by Bob Herbert
- Book review: ‘More Awesome Than Money,’ on the founders of an alternative social network, by Jim Dwyer
- 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1' trailer shows a lot of action
- J.K. Rowling reveals past, 'source of inspiration' for 'Harry Potter' character Dolores Umbridge
- Halloween: Can you figure out the culprit of a locked-room mystery?
- Will '41: A Portrait of my Father' reveal a different side of George W. Bush?
- Reader recommendation: On the Beach
(book section of the Daily Beast)
- Who Is Pope Francis And What Does He Really Want? All Together Interview With Elisabetta Pique
- Marianne Williamson: Infinite Possibilities Exist No Matter What Age We Are (VIDEO)
- Here's A Daniel Radcliffe Doppelganger Rapping About Harry Potter
- Can the Trolling of Media Outlets Revitalize American Poetry?
- J.K. Rowling Publishes New Story On Pottermore Revealing Inspiration Behind Dolores Umbridge
Barnes and Noble Review
- Error: It's not possible to reach RSS file...
- Remembering a poet who didn't go quietly
- Hard times hit home in 'Cut Adrift'
- Mezrich returns to fiction for 'Seven Wonders'
- Taking revolution to the high seas