December 15th, 2014
Reviews — Newspapers & Web Sites
Below are links, with RSS feeds, where available, from the major newspaper and online book reviews.
- Books of The Times: Review: ‘Becoming Steve Jobs’ Focuses on Another Apple Era
- Matthew Crawford and How to Survive Brain-Eating Distractions
- Reviews: New Books From Thomas McGuane, Hanif Kureishi and More
- Bits Blog: A Conversation With the Authors of ‘Becoming Steve Jobs’
- T Magazine: The Writer’s Room
(Wednesdays in the daily NYT)
- The Art of the Tantrum
- Strange but True
- Bear Extraordinaire
- Sketching Shakespeare
- ‘X,’ a Novel About Malcolm X
USA Today — (Top 150 best sellers posted on Thursdays).
- Erik Larson's 'Dead Wake' lands at No. 2
- Exclusive: New 'Wimpy' book set for Nov.
- Sci-Fi Encounters: Interview with Michelle Howard
- Lusitania remembered in two new books
- Erik Larson revisits the Lusitania tragedy
- Paper, books and the art of collecting
- How to give your memoir real bite
- T.C. Boyle’s new novel takes us to America’s far-right edge
- The best science-fiction and fantasy books for March
- Four gimmick-free memoirs
(book section of the Daily Beast)
- 'Go Set a Watchman': Here's the book cover
- Reader recommendation: Believer
- Elvis Costello will reportedly release a memoir this fall
- 'Little Women': Is a remake happening? (+video)
- James Patterson does it again: more school library donations
- 15 Years Later, How Should We Remember 'High Fidelity'?
- Rothko's Jewish Influences?
- Add Glamour and Glitz to Your Life and Some Proper English as Well
- The Bottom Line: 'The Dig' By Cynan Jones
- The Art of Book Signing 101
- Sarah Blake on her collection of poems about Kanye West
- 'A Country Called Childhood' calls for kids to be let out into nature
- 'Hitchcock' by Michael Wood is a beautifully turned survey
- Patrick Di Justo's book: A hilarious, unsurprising look at the food industry
- Kelly Link's 'Get in Trouble': Wonderful, magical, all too real