April 3rd, 2016
Reviews — Newspapers & Web Sites
Below are links, with RSS feeds, where available, from the major newspaper and online book reviews.
- Nonfiction: ‘East West Street,’ by Philippe Sands
- Fiction: ‘Sweetbitter,’ by Stephanie Danler
- By the Book: Nathaniel Philbrick: By the Book
- 12 New Books We’re Reading This Summer (and 6 Not So New)
- Nonfiction: Sebastian Junger’s ‘Tribe’
(Wednesdays in the daily NYT)
- ‘The Thank You Book,’ by Mo Willems
- Bookshelf: Treats for Toddlers
- ‘Cecil’s Pride’ and ‘Prairie Dog Song’
- Bookshelf: Big Teeth
- Bookshelf: Moody
USA Today — (Top 150 best sellers posted on Thursdays).
- A new 'Life' for writer Steve Hamilton
- Joe Hill burns up the list with 'The Fireman'
- Dad Rock podcast: Author rolls with the Stones
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner will publish second novel, with two co-authors
- Veronica Roth hits the 'Mark' with new book
- Trolls, fat-shamers and cowards of all stripes: Watch out for Lindy West
- Review: ‘Everything Explained That Is Explainable’
- The smutty Shakespeare game you need for your next smarty-pants party
- Amazing dogs that change the lives of children with disabilities
- The long struggle over the legal bounds of fighting terrorism
(book section of the Daily Beast)
- Thousands of writers pen letter denouncing Trump: Will it matter? (+video)
- Why I can't let go of my magazine subscriptions
- Computer or poet? Humans win this round of poetry contest
- Why is Amazon building bookstores?
- Celebrate National Short Story Month with five of the best
- The Bottom Line: 'Sweetbitter' By Stephanie Danler
- Is Brown the New White?
- Why Books Still Matter
- How I Got There: Sandra Brown
- How I (Try) to Filter Through the Noise and Read Effectively