December 15th, 2014
Reviews — Newspapers & Web Sites
Below are links, with RSS feeds, where available, from the major newspaper and online book reviews.
- Cookbooks: Baking Cookbooks That (Gently) Push the Limits
- 100 Notable Books of 2015
- Bookshelf: Coffee Table Books About New York
- 2015 Books Gift Guide
(Wednesdays in the daily NYT)
- It’s Sort of Good to Be the King
- Revisiting the Mayflower Story
- Boys Do Cry
- Bookshelf: Good Nights
- Bookshelf: Bear Necessities
USA Today — (Top 150 best sellers posted on Thursdays).
- Tom Jones, timeless sex symbol, is a family man
- 'Man in the High Castle' rises on list
- Carly Simon spills on who's so vain
- After shopping, take a load off with a romance
- Suzanne Collins says goodbye to 'Hunger Games'
- ‘Self and Soul’: Mark Edmundson’s biting critique of modern complacency
- Romance finally breaks The Post’s ‘No Self-Published Books’ rule
- The opportunities and opportunism of George H.W. Bush
- Washington Post bestsellers Nov. 29, 2015
- Chasing the traces of a vanishing Paris
(book section of the Daily Beast)
- What to read while thinking of Paris? Pick up Montaigne, mon cher.
- Ta-Nehisi Coates packed the house at Davidson College talking on race
- Are you truly thankful for the good books you already have?
- Mark Twain's turkey tale – perhaps the funniest in American literature
- How the Eiffel Tower outlasted its critics
- The Bottom Line: 'Fortune Smiles' By Adam Johnson
- 10 Books That Remind Us America Should Be For Everyone
- A Meaningful Conversation
- What Made Dozens Of People Hide In The Laotian Forest For Years?
- 'Thing Explainer' - A Review of Randall Munroe's New Book (Using the Ten Hundred Most Common Words)
- New bio celebrates Sam Phillips, rock-and-roll pioneer, discoverer of Elvis
- Roger Angell's 'This Old Man': Optimistic, with high points, and low
- Kate Morton's 'Lake House': Skillful, suspenseful, surprising
- Mary Gaitskill's 'The Mare': Nonverbal speech, person to person, person to animal
- 'Paris at War' documents survival, uncertainty in Nazi-occupied City of Lights
- Error: It's not possible to reach RSS file...