December 15th, 2014
Reviews — Newspapers & Web Sites
Below are links, with RSS feeds, where available, from the major newspaper and online book reviews.
- Svetlana Alexievich, Belarussian Voice of Survivors, Wins Nobel Prize in Literature
- Books of The Times: Review: Elvis Costello’s ‘Unfaithful Music & Disappearing Ink,’ a Memoir
- Ben Bernanke’s ‘The Courage to Act’
- Children’s Books: Raising Up the Dead
(Wednesdays in the daily NYT)
- Bookshelf: Cat and Mouse
- Raising Up the Dead
- Recent History
- Bookshelf: Double the Delight
- Chelsea Clinton’s ‘It’s Your World’
USA Today — (Top 150 best sellers posted on Thursdays).
- Jojo Moyes has a hit with 'After You'
- New in paperback: Munro, Poehler
- New book, new genders for 'Twilight' characters
- Cover reveal: Yancey's 'The Last Star'
- 'Fortunate Son' Fogerty dishes on book
- Svetlana Alexievich wins Nobel Prize in literature
- ‘The House of Twenty Thousand Books’ re-creates an intellectual milieu
- ‘Thirteen Ways of Looking’ review: New stories from Colum McCann
- Antonia Fraser’s ‘My History’: The biographer and mom of six looks back
- Virginia Children’s Book Festival gears up for second year
(book section of the Daily Beast)
- Nobel for Literature honors 'monument to suffering and courage'
- Nobel prize for literature: Who is Svetlana Alexievich?
- Author James Patterson wants to give holiday bonuses to booksellers
- 'Twilight': A look at the new work in the series by Stephenie Meyer
- Ben Carson expounds on the US Constitution in 'A More Perfect Union'
- Adorable Kids Ask Pharrell Hard-Hitting Questions About His New Book 'Happy'
- 11 Musical Novels That Hit All The Right Notes
- Why You Should Be Excited About Michael Pollan's New Documentary
- 17 Micropoems To Give Your Soul A Lift In No Time
- Food Tank's 2015 Recommended Fall Reading List
- Troubled West Chester Poetry Conference has a new director
- Dr. Ruth, the woman who loosened us up
- Gilbert Gaul's 'Billion-Dollar Ball': The money-madness of college football
- 'Collected Works' makes case for Primo Levi's singular art
- 'Contraband,' by Andrew Wender Cohen: Part of what made America great
- Should the Seattle Public Library be the Seattle Public Libraries? Cast your vote
- Iran to boycott Frankfurt Book Fair over Rushdie appearance
- New Nobel literature prize winner transcends easy categories
- ‘Harry Potter’ e-books come to life in new Apple edition
- Unusual bedtime picture book a self-publishing success story