December 15th, 2014
Reviews — Newspapers & Web Sites
Below are links, with RSS feeds, where available, from the major newspaper and online book reviews.
- Books of The Times: Review: In Philipp Blom’s ‘Fracture,’ Careening Atoms in the Era Between the Wars
- Books: Review: ‘The Digital Doctor’ by Robert Wachter Weighs Medicine’s Technological Transformation
- Judy Blume’s ‘In the Unlikely Event’
- Bits Blog: Behind the Downfall at BlackBerry
- John Scalzi, Science Fiction Writer, Signs $3.4 Million Deal for 13 Books
(Wednesdays in the daily NYT)
USA Today — (Top 150 best sellers posted on Thursdays).
- Barbra Streisand writing her memoirs
- Margulies to publish a kids' book
- Reese fave 'Luckiest Girl' is a hit
- 'Empire' scribe Locke writes a mystery
- New in paper: Joan Rivers, Rob Lowe
- Book World: ‘Finders Keepers’ by Stephen King
- The Walking Dead Vol. 23 debuts at No. 2
- ‘Spinglish,’ by Henry Beard and Christopher Cerf
- Why we may never have a millennial president
- Amid horrors in captivity, two women find hope
(book section of the Daily Beast)
- What do bin Laden's books say about him?
- Luz, the Charlie Hebdo cartoonist: Why he's leaving (+video)
- 'Ashley's War' shares the untold stories of women in combat
- Does writing a memoir help an author to heal?
- What are the world's most unusual libraries?
- Pre-Summer Reading: The Languages of Reaction, of the French, of Film, of Fatal Denial, of Healthy Debate
- Reviewer Prejudice at the New York Times?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Just Had One Of Its Most Impressive Episodes
- What's With Jonathan Franzen Bashing Edith Wharton?
- Americans Gorge on Slogans: O'Kane Shows, More Than Tells
- Best-Selling U.S. Books
- Alissa Quart's 'Monetized': perfect pitch for the present
- Heidi Julavits' 'Folded Clock': Happy but scattered
- McDougall's 'Natural Born Heroes': Tales of human endurance
- Cokie Roberts' 'Capital Dames': Not equal, but influential